We know - Chocolate pasta!? Really? We have had all the funny looks and 'ew' sounds from people at the market but we are hear to tell you that it is freaken delicious!! Not in the way you would expect either. Made with super sexy cocoa powder, it has an earthy flavour that compliments anything creamy and savoury. We eat it by the bucket load at home with creamy mushrooms and maybe a nice steak if we feelin fancy. We hope you are adventurous enough to give it a go!!
1 Small onion, finely diced
3 – 4 Cloves garlic, roughly chopped
300g Portobello mushrooms, sliced
½ C Cream
Sprig of fresh Rosemary & Oregano*
2 Sprigs fresh Thyme*
Fresh or powdered Chilli
1 packet Real Pasta – Chocolate
Parmesan to serve
*Don't fret if you don't have fresh herbs. Just substitute 1 tsp of dry Italian herb mix or get creative with whatever you can find in your cupboard.
- Heat a generous dash of olive oil in a good size pan, Add onion, gently sauté 2 – 3 mins until soft.
- Add garlic and desired amount of chilli, cook further 2 – 3 mins until there is a little bit of golden colour on the onions.
(Put water on to boil in separate pot for pasta!)
- Bring pan to medium – high heat and add mushrooms. Gently stir and cook until mushrooms begin softening.
- Add cream & herbs to your mushrooms, leave to simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the cream is gone & mushrooms are tender.
- Boil pasta in the final 3 mins of cooking, serve with a generous sprinkling of parmesan
- Serve & ENJOY!