All I can say about this dish.... YUM!!
This is a great easy recipe, using few ingredients, very quick & easy to put together but sure to knock ya socks off. This might just be my new go-to for entertaining.
1 medium onion, finely diced
At least 2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 a medium yellow capsicum, diced
1/4C sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
3/4C tomato puree
1/2tsp dried thyme
Salt & Pepper
Parmesan to serve
1 pkt of Real Pasta - Angelhair
- Heat a splash of oil from the sundried tomatoes in a medium fry pan
- Add the onion and gently sauté
- Get a pot of water on for the pasta! - When onion starts becoming translucent, add yellow caps, gently sauté a few mins then add garlic and sauté further 2 mins
- Add the sundried tomatoes, tomato puree, cream, thyme. Season gently with salt & pepper
- You want this sauce to simmer gently on a low heat for about 5 - 8 mins, make sure to time that in with cooking the pasta
- Once you have cooked your pasta, the sauce may look a little thick, if desired add 1 - 2 Tbsp of pasta water into the pan to loosen the sauce a litte. Drain pasta & add to the pan, gently swirl to coat every strand.
- Taste and check seasoning, add salt and pepper if required. Grate as much parmesan as desired on top & ENJOY!!