A beautifully easy mid week meal that has become a staple in the Real Pasta home - even Miss Mac loves! (and she doesn't like puttanesca)
Piadina is a simple Italian flatbread that is just so yummy scooped up with this puttanesca mix. Prepare your favourite simple greens on the side for a full meal.
1 jar of Real Pasta Puttanesca
300g lamb mince
1 onion, sliced
1tsp cumin powder
1tsp coriander powder
1 C rice
2 Tbsp currants
1 batch Piadina flat bread - I use this recipe here
Your favourite greens on the side
- Heat a dash of oil in a pan and add the sliced onion
- Once onion is mostly cooked, add cumin/coridander and a splash more oil if needed to soak up the spices a little bit. Cook further 2 mins.
- Add lamb mince, break up well with a spoon and cook evenly
- Meanwhile cook the rice. I usually do 1 C rice 2 C (scant) water, boil it for 5 mins or so and then turn the heat off, pop the lid on tight and leave it to absorb. Sometimes I put it back on low for a few mins to finish it off if needed.
- Once lamb is cooked, add the jar of puttanesca and sprinkle the currants in, mix well to combine. Stir the rice through.- Serve with piadina and veges on the side