Our favourite summer dinner. This is a great throw together, light yet filling salad, perfect on a hot evening when you can't really be bothered cooking. Perfect for those summer catch ups, our go to 'bring a plate' for the BBQ.
1 pkt of your fav 'Real Pasta'
1 pkt (200g ish) Cherry tomatoes, quartered
A few spoonfuls of basil pesto
Sprinkling of parmesan
1/4C Chopped, roasted almonds
- Cook pasta in boiling water, 3 mins
- Drain well, give a little rinse, transfer into serving dish
- Fold as many or as few spoonfuls of pesto through as you like
- Fold cherry tomatoes through,
- Finish with a generous grating of parmesan and sprinkle with almonds
As easy as that!!
Almost too easy to qualify as a recipe but it counts as inspiration hey.
Note: We like to add any other bits and pieces we have lying around in the fridge - a bit of chopped capsicum, cucumber, chorizo, peas or beans. You can swap out the parmesan for feta, chop up some fresh mint and basil. All yum!!