This meal is an absolute favourite of ours. Inspired from a recipe from 'A flash in the pan' by John Whaite. This encapsulates everything we love about food & cooking - It is so quick to cook, has few ingredients, is so so so delicious, I could go on but instead I shall start typing the recipe...
1 medium onion, diced 1 C corn - frozen, tinned, fresh (whatever works for you!)
3 cloves of garlic, minced 1 packet of Real Pasta Fettuccine in your favourite flavour
4 good quality pork sausages 1 C water
1/2 C plain yoghurt Herbs, salt & pepper
- Heat a healthy dash of olive oil in a good sized frying pan.
- Gently fry onion for 2 - 3 mins then add garlic and cook further couple of mins until they start colouring just a little.
- Take the sausages and squeeze the meat out from the casing straight into the pan. Discard casings
- Break the sausage meat up with a wooden spoon and gently fry until they are looking nicely cooked - a little golden brown.
- Give a good season of salt and pepper at this stage.
- Add corn to the pan, if frozen, defrost first.
- Gently empty the whole packet of pasta into the pan and pour water over top.
- Cover pan with lid and leave to cook pasta. Every couple of mins give it a stir/turn over so the pasta cooks evenly.
- When the pasta has cooked, the water should pretty much be all used up. Give a good sprinkle (about a tsp total) of your favourite dried herb mix - think basil, thyme, rosemary etc.
- Once pasta is done, remove from heat and stir yoghurt through.
- Serve & ENJOY!
Serves 2 greedy piglets (AKA Brian & Louise) but you could push this out to 3 or 4 people by adding a side of veg or a few extra sausages.