This has summer written all over it! This dish is vibrant, full of flavour & a great way to use up any extra spinach/silverbeet in the garden.
1 packet Real Pasta Spinach Fettuccine 150g frozen spinach - or 400g any fresh leafy green
1 C frozen peas + 1/2 C extra
1/2 C Plain natural yoghurt
Big handful of basil leaves
1/2 lemon, juice
2 cloves garlic
Salt & Pepper
Pecorino to serve
- Place greens (defrost if frozen) in a blender along with 1 C peas, yoghurt, basil, lemon, garlic and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Boil the pasta, reserve 1/2 - 1 cup of pasta water for the green sauce
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and place in a warm frying pan.
- Add pasta water to green sauce, blend to find your desired consistency.
- Add green sauce to pasta along with the remaining peas, heat through, check for seasoning, maybe adding a little more lemon or salt or pepper.
- Plate up & top with plenty of freshly grated pecorino
SERVE & ENJOY!